Schools and playground are areas where safety is critical. Children are running around — perhaps not completely aware of their surroundings, and often much closer to traffic than their parents are probably comfortable with. This happens especially in the morning and afternoon when parents are driving to school to pick up or drop off their children.
For this reason, proper attention to school ground protective barriers and school building safety barriers — along with safety barriers for playground areas — is critical. The last thing anyone wants is for a child to be injured by a vehicle that has accidentally strayed into the wrong area and is unable to avoid catastrophe.
Finding a Solution for School and Playground Barrier Safety
When it comes to bollards and safety barriers for K-12 schools, the challenge is setting up a barrier that can keep the children safe during high traffic times but does not impede children or vehicles that need easy access to the school areas during the day.
Blockaides has an ideal solution — automatic retractable bollards, which have the following benefits:
- Durable: These high-quality stainless-steel bollards are durably constructed to adhere to current crash rating standards, so you can feel confident in their ability to protect children as they cross the street and walk to and from school.
- Retractable: Our telescoping automatic bollards fit smoothly and securely to stay in place and provide the protection children need, but easily retract into a small base, so they are virtually undetectable when not required. School personnel can quickly raise or lower these bollards with little effort, thanks to the hydraulic or pneumatic operating system.
- Flexible: You can also use the flexibility of these convenient automatic bollards to direct traffic. Simply raise bollards to block areas where you don’t want vehicles to be able to go and lower bollards blocking areas where you wish to allow access.
- Attractive: In addition to being durable and flexible, the flat-head design of these bollards is aesthetically pleasing, and they are highly visible, especially when covered with one of our plastic covers, wrap covers or caps.
- Protective: When it comes to playgrounds, our bollards are a great way to protect the area from stray cars that may accidentally enter — either due to driver confusion, driver error or mechanical failure — and to provide a clear barrier that playing children know to stay behind for their safety.
In areas where you will want to keep cars off of school grounds permanently, such as around playgrounds, sports fields, and sidewalk areas, our fixed bollards and lighted bollards offer an ideal solution for a more permanent crash-rated security barrier.
Contact Blockaides Today for Help Choosing Your Bollards for School Ground and Playground Use
At Blockaides, we specialize in helping those responsible for protecting parking lots, playgrounds and important facilities like schools with reliable barriers and bollards.
If you need any assistance figuring out what kind of bollards you may need, how many you may need and how to deploy them, we’re here to help. Let us know what your barrier needs and goals are, and we will give you some advice for the best solution, as well as a free quote on the cost of the barrier items you may need.
For the safety of the children and your peace of mind, contact us today!